Friday, April 5, 2024

Posing for Portraits

This colorful little house finch decided to pose for me at the tip of a lilac twig, so I was able to get a few good pictures of him.

 
Usually, the birds are hidden among the many crossing branches and it's hard to get a good look at them.



I try to take full advantage of any clear views I can get.


All the different poses are entertaining and offer carving possibilities, too. This fellow is likely to end up immortalized in Tan-Z Kut.


This last one might be my favorite. He looks so puzzled and inquisitive. So, that's today's portrait sitting. He was an excellent model, don't you think?


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He certainly is a handsome guy! And so generous with his time, sitting there so nicely allowing you full access. My daughter and I went to the beach today. Surprisingly, there weren't any seagulls! Maybe they were off doing their own thing since it's too cold for tourists 😉
PixiePam

Webfoot said...

I've been seeing a few seagulls around here, PixiePam, but they haven't returned in their usual numbers, yet. I'm sure they'll be making a ruckus before long! :)

Anonymous said...

love all of his personality and expressions that he gave you. Almost like he is asking you why all the interest and fuss.


Sheila

Webfoot said...

He obviously hasn't looked in a mirror, Sheila. If he had, he'd know what all the interest and fuss is about. :)