We got a little bit of rain, finally, and fall mushrooms decided to pop.
Piper and I have been stopping to admire them as we wander out in the woods and fields.
Well, I admire them, at least. I think Piper wonders what I find so fascinating.
She likes to try and figure it out, even if it doesn't make sense to her.
She does that a lot. When I stop to take a picture of something, she likes to try and understand why "the big dog" thinks its worth investigating. As a result, I get a lot of Piper photo bombs!
There are places out in the woods that smell extremely mushroom-y and I stop and look around to see who is blooming. The colors, textures and edibility properties are all worth checking, from my point of view. (No eating the mushroom above!)
This one was so interesting because it had lobed caps. Almost like petals of a flower. One of these days, I may have my reference books back and I'll be able to start looking things up again!
In the meantime, I'll just enjoy looking and finding.
There may be more mushrooms on Monday... I think I still have a few on the camera that need to be downloaded and prepared! I know at least one reader will enjoy that. :)






No comments:
Post a Comment