Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Iris Really Busy!

I know - it's terribly corny. Forgive me, if you can. But the good news is that I survived the art fair again this year and now I have a few minutes to post something. 

A little while ago, Baloo and I took one of our favorite hot day walks in a wetlands conservation area and we enjoyed hearing frogs plopping and chipmunks chirping in alarm at the large, black dog and his person. 


We also saw some lovely wild iris growing right in the water and blooming amid the cattails and marsh grasses.  


They were very delicate, with long, thin petals that flared out at the ends. 


And they had  fine, purple veining in the flared part of the petals that I thought was a beautiful contrast with the pale lavender and yellow background. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the pun any the lovely iris photos, thanks for posting!