Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Smile! You're On...

The trail cameras out on the family property have captured some delightful pictures of does with their little ones. 


I always love seeing these candid moments where we get a glimpse of what the critters do when we're not watching. 

Although, sometimes it seems like they go out of their way to pose for the camera. Doesn't that look like a perfect family photo? 


The youngsters dash along behind their moms learning to navigate the deer world while being altogether too cute. 


I have some more of these to post and will try to get them up in a day or two. After the last sort of depressing fire update post, I thought something cheerful was in order! :)
 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very peaceful pics. Love the big black eyes on the deer. Thanks for sharing!

Hugs from betsyLee

Webfoot said...

Thank you, BetsyLee. I always enjoy going through the trail camera pictures and seeing what the critters have been doing. :) Hugs right back to you!

Anonymous said...

Warm fuzzy hugs from nature are always welcomed.

I love to sit out on my deck as the hummingbird buzzes around my planters or in the flower beds.

I normally only see one. Two if one is chasing the other out of the yard.

I never understand how people post videos of 15, 20 flying around multiple feeders hanging next to each other. I have no clue how many are in my yard, front, side, back. Can only see one at a time. But I don't see multiple hummers.
Sheila

Webfoot said...

Hi, Sheila. They're pretty territorial around here, too. I have seen dozens at a time in groups of feeders, though. I knew someone in Ohio who had exactly that kind of setup with feeders near each other and the hummers lined up for snacks. Maybe they're still defending territory rather than stopping off on their migration flight. Who knows? :)