I was out helping my brother with some chores on the family property when I noticed this milkweed plant in full flower.
Honeybees were humming around it, collecting pollen and I was trying to get some decent pictures, since it was such a lovely little vignette.
I managed to capture a few good shots of the flowers with the bees actually in focus.
I particularly liked the photo I took of this bee from the side as it gathered goodies for the hive, while still showcasing the beautiful, waxy flowers.
A little while later, I was sitting on the tailgate of the truck, resting for a minute when that very same milkweed flower attracted this handsome fellow. I was delighted both to see him and to manage a picture - also in focus, for a change on those fast-moving subjects!
I hope you're as delighted as I was.
No comments:
Post a Comment