I had to look up the collective noun for a group of swans. It's called a bevy. Isn't that just perfect?
We definitely had a bevy of beauties out in front of my sister's house a couple days ago. We counted twenty in the group.
They had found something particularly good to eat in the shallows and spent a long time bobbing and milling about before swimming north together.
A few of them got ruffled feathers from time to time, but there weren't any major kerfuffles.
One paddled along with its mate holding a foot out of the water. It must have been a restful pose, even though it looked like someone had misread the swan assembly instructions.
And speaking of looking a little silly, there quite a few less graceful moments as they filled their gullets with whatever they were finding for snacks.
Obviously, it was a lot of fun to watch the activity. I must have taken a hundred pictures, at least, but I'm not cruel. I only subject you to a few that seemed interesting and maybe a little humorous. :)




No comments:
Post a Comment