Friday, March 29, 2024

Late Moonset

A few days ago, I went out early to see if I could catch the full moon setting over the bay. Unfortunately, even though it looked like it might find an opening in the clouds, the moon stayed misted over and always partially hidden. I didn't think I had gotten any good shots, but when I finally downloaded the pictures from the camera last night, there were a few that I sort of liked.

 
Since the clouds completely blocked the moon at the viewing spot nearest my house, I walked up to the boat launch, hoping the sky might clear a little for me. Sure enough, the moon peeked out from between two cloud banks with a soft, misty glow.


A couple of swans swam into the frame and I thought they added a nice counterpoint to the reflected moon.


As I said, the moon never came out from behind the clouds completely, but the effect was soft and peaceful. So, I thought these pictures might be worth posting, even though it's a few days after the actual event.
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The moon over swans - what could be more peaceful that than? Beautiful.

Thank you and hugs to ya, from BetsyLee

Webfoot said...

Thanks, BetsyLee! Have a lovely, peaceful day! :) Hugs right back.

Anonymous said...

beautiful!!!

I always love looking through your lens.

Sheila